Monday, September 26, 2011

Rainy Day Adventures



   Today was a rather dreary fall day, full of clouds and rain.  It was the type of day that makes you want to crawl back into bed after the kids get on the bus and watch movies all day long.  Well, I do confess that I did go back to bed for a little while, but then I decided that I needed to do something more productive with my day.  What do do?  How about learning a new jewelry making technique?  I've always admired the clustery wire crocheted beaded jewelry that I have seen, so I grabbed some 26 gauge wire, an old crochet hook, and ventured online for some free how to's and even purchased a wire crochet basics tutorial on Etsy.  After many failed attempts, I finally was able to master the simple chain stitch that my mother taught me many years ago and finished a wire crocheted gemstone choker.  I have to say, this is a rather addicting technique, so I fear this is not the last of this style of jewelry you will see from me.  Bwahahahaha!  Now, I hear there is rain in the forecast tomorrow........

No comments:

Post a Comment